Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quick and easy gift.


I needed a quick birthday gift for a friend so I made a little set of cards and put them in a cute box. I often make 3x3 cards when I don't have the inspiration to make anything else or if I have quite a few scraps. I have box holding all of these little cards and they are perfect for a quick note to a friend or family member or I love to use them with gifts. I get the envelopes from a friend who sells stampin' up. I had everything in my stash and I had a thoughtful gift in no time.
I am going to make a few of these just to have on hand for giving.
First cut your base card stock to 3x6.
Score at the 3" mark to make the card base.
Use your stash to layer paper and embellishments for the cards.
For the box:
I used a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and scored it at 3 1/2" at 3 3/4" at 7 1/4 at 7 3/4 Cut your paper at 8 3/4. then cut your paper 4" . Now your paper should be 8 3/4 by 4". You will trim out a the corners and glue using score tape. To see a great template check out this post: http://aaronsbooth32.blogspot.com/2009/07/3x3-card-set-and-template.html
I made mine much smaller but it will help you get the idea. before you glue everything together make sure you punch out a circle or design in the front.
Supplies used: Craft card stock from LSS, stickers from Micheal's, cloud 9 gel stitch's , button and ribbon from stash, DCWV green stack paper and chipboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment