Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mothers Day gift for $10 and some stash!


Sorry scrappy friends, school and work is bringing me down. Today’s post is about scraping off the page. I know in these tough times its hard to buy things that aren’t necessities like art. This is where our scrappy supplies come in, no maybe I have just seen too much HGTV but you can make some great pieces to put on the wall.
If you keep your eyes out you can buy a stretched canvas for about $10. The canvas I used is a 13x13 but any size will work.
I found (from my stash) a piece of paper I thought would look good with the décor, I recommend something that is not to bold but has a subtle texture.
Use mod podge or watered down Elmer’s cover the canvas in a thin layer and add the paper.
When the glue is dry trace your photo with a pencil.
Stamp flourishes in random around where your photo will go. Don’t forget to stamp under where your photo will go will flourish’s peaking out, it will look more natural.
I also chose to apply rubons to my photo I then glued the photo down and used a thin layer of mod podge to cover the entire piece.

I gave this to a friend of mine as a house warming gift. The only thing I had to buy was the canvas. I think this would make a super mothers day gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment